About Me

My photo
I am posting in this blog ,recipes which my 87 years old mother used in her cooking. Some of these are her own, some from her friends,some hand me downs from her elders etc etc. So the variety is awesome and as an admirer of his grandma's cooking, my son Arvind created this blog so that my mother's age old recipes can be shared with one and all .I have also posted some of my "tried and tested" recipes, especially the Non-vegetarian ones.I thought a purely vegetarian recipes' blog can be made more interesting with some non-veg recipes thrown inbetween.

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Aloo Methi

Potatoes : 5
Onions : 4
Methi Leaves :( Cleaned and chopped ) 1 cup
Dry red chillies : 5

Cut onions into small squares and potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. In a pan pour 1 Tbs oil and add mustard. When it splutters, add red chilli pieces. When it turns brown add onions and saute till transparent. Now add cut potatoes and stir well. Add salt and 1/2 cup water and cover and cook. When potatoes are well cooked add the methi leaves and stir well. Cover and cookfor 5 mins till methi leaves are just cooked. (do not over cook methi) . Serve hot as a side dish with South Indian meals.

No comments: