About Me

My photo
I am posting in this blog ,recipes which my 87 years old mother used in her cooking. Some of these are her own, some from her friends,some hand me downs from her elders etc etc. So the variety is awesome and as an admirer of his grandma's cooking, my son Arvind created this blog so that my mother's age old recipes can be shared with one and all .I have also posted some of my "tried and tested" recipes, especially the Non-vegetarian ones.I thought a purely vegetarian recipes' blog can be made more interesting with some non-veg recipes thrown inbetween.

Thursday, August 03, 2023

Potato Cheese Roast



Ingredients:
Potatoes: 1/2 kg
Butter: 2 Tbsps
Grated Cheese: 100 gms
Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp or less
Salt to taste

Procedure:
Cook potatoes (not too soft, grateable so to say!) peel and grate, add salt and mix well with a fork.
Heat butter in a flat non-stick fry pan (not Tawa)on the stove and when butter melts spread it all over the insides of the pan by lightly shaking it from side to side. Put the scraped potato in the pan and press down with a flat spoon to make it like a thick pancake. Keep on low fire till the underside becomes golden brown. Now carefully turn it over without breaking it, in one piece. Sprinkle the chilli powder (or flakes)and top it with the grated cheese. Cover the pan and let cook on a low fire for 5 to 10 minutes till the cheese melts. Top it up with pizza seasoning if preferred. Cut into pieces and serve hot. 

No comments: