About Me

My photo
I am posting in this blog ,recipes which my 87 years old mother used in her cooking. Some of these are her own, some from her friends,some hand me downs from her elders etc etc. So the variety is awesome and as an admirer of his grandma's cooking, my son Arvind created this blog so that my mother's age old recipes can be shared with one and all .I have also posted some of my "tried and tested" recipes, especially the Non-vegetarian ones.I thought a purely vegetarian recipes' blog can be made more interesting with some non-veg recipes thrown inbetween.

Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Barbecued Potatoes

Ingredients:
Large potatoes : 6
Grated cheese : 1/2 cup
onion : 1 large
Carrots : 2
Green peas fresh : 1/4 cup
Chilli powder : 1 tsp
Butter : 1 Tbsp
Tomato sauce : 1 Tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Pressure cook potatoes with jacket till done.
Peel and chop onions and carrots. Cut potatoes lengthwise into half and scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin brim along the skin.To the scooped out pulp add pepper, half of cheese and a little butter and mash well. Fill the potato cases with this filling and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake in a preheated electric oven for about 10 mins till until crisp.

For garnishing , heat oil in a pan and fry onions till golden. Add carrots and peas and saute. Next add the salt and pepper and sprinkle water and cover to get mixture cooked. Add the tomato sauce and mix gently and remove from fire. Place a spoonful of this on the baked potato and serve hot.This is a great favourite with kids.

No comments: