About Me

My photo
I am posting in this blog ,recipes which my 87 years old mother used in her cooking. Some of these are her own, some from her friends,some hand me downs from her elders etc etc. So the variety is awesome and as an admirer of his grandma's cooking, my son Arvind created this blog so that my mother's age old recipes can be shared with one and all .I have also posted some of my "tried and tested" recipes, especially the Non-vegetarian ones.I thought a purely vegetarian recipes' blog can be made more interesting with some non-veg recipes thrown inbetween.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Quick Dahi Vada

4 Cloves
Bread 1 lb

Gram Flour 1 lb
1 Small Onion
Curds 4 Tbsp.

Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 2 Tbsp.
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 Tbsp.
1 Bunch coriander leaves
1 Ginger

Oil to fry

Preparation:
Cut the bread into square pieces of medium size, say 1/4 inch thick. Roast the cumin seeds and cloves on a tava. Grind this finely into a powder and keep aside.Cut the onions, green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves and grind them into a smooth paste. Keep Dahi ready with salt. Mix all of the above adding water and make a thick mixture as you would make for pakoras.


Heat Ghee in a Kadai, dip the pieces of bread carefully in the mixture one at a time and fry in oil. Put all these pieces in the seasoned curd when cool, sprinkle powdered masala and chilli powder. Fry mustard seeds in ghee when they crackle pour the vadais.and you vadais are ready.

No comments: